The Roseland Academy Internet Usage Policy
By logging on to this workstaion you are agreeing to the below policy, if you do not agree to the below policy please contact the ICT department to have internet access removed from your account.
The Roseland Academy provides internet filtering, designed to remove controversial,
offensive or illegal content. However, it is impossible to guarantee that all controversial
material is filtered. If you come across any inappropriate website or content whilst using
the ICT equipment, you must report it to either a member staff or a member of the ICT department
All internet activity within the Academy is actively monitored and logged against your username,
and will be provided to a relavent member of staff upon request. Use of the internet within the Academy should be in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Only access suitable material, the Internet is not be used to download, send, print, display or transmit material that would cause offence or break the law.
- Do not access Internet Chat sites. Remember you could be placing yourself at risk.
- Never give or enter your personal information on a website, especially your home address, your mobile number or passwords.
- Do not access online gaming sites. Remember that your use of the Internet is for educational purposes only.
- Do not download or install software from the Internet, as it is considered to be vandalism of the School's ICT facilities.
- Do not use the Internet to order goods or services from on-line, e-commerce or auction sites.
- Do not subscribe to any non Academy related newsletter, catalogue or other form of correspondence via the Internet.
- Do not print pages directly from a website. Web pages are often not properly formatted for printing and this may cause a lot of waste. If you wish to use content from websites, consider using the copy and paste facility to move it into another application, copyright permitting.
The Academy's internet content filter using a ssl interception technology which decypts and reads any data sent or recieved, any messages/transactions/sites are accessible by the Academy's ICT department and should not be considered private.
Click here to go straight to the Roseland website
Click here to go straight to Google's page